PLAN YOUR VISIT
The health and safety of visitors and staff is a top priority.
Hours and Holiday Closures
Daily, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The museum is open year-round except for three days. We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, & New Years Day. We will close early on Christmas Eve Day.
- We have limited daily admission capacity due to COVID-19 directives from the Gallatin City-County Board of Health. Weekdays typically have plenty of availability to visit, but weekends tend to sell out.
- Walk-in visitors and members are welcome. To guarantee access to the museum on a specific day, please make a reservation. January reservations will open up in mid to late December.
- Most guests spend 3 to 6 hours at the museum, and we welcome you to stay longer. An admission fee is not required to shop in the Museum Store.
- The following remain temporarily closed or suspended due to COVID-19: Martin Children’s Discovery Center, Hager Auditorium, Board and classrooms, tours, and events. We will open these areas and resume tours and events when it is safe to do so.
One-day admission rates are subject to change at any time. Additional discounts are suspended while we are offering this reduced admission price. Tickets purchases online are non-refundable. Admission includes access to the Taylor Planetarium and all open exhibition halls.
MOR Members: Free
Child Under Age 5: Free
Youth Age 5 – 17: $7.50
Senior Age 65+: $11.50
Adult Age 18 – 64: $12.50
Montana State University Students, Faculty, & Staff: $8 (with valid ID)
Visitation Policies & FAQ's
- Wearing a face mask or face-covering is required while inside of the museum. Children under the age of five (5) and those who cannot physically remove a face covering without assistance, or those who have requested and received a necessary accommodation are not required to wear face coverings. All children between the ages of two and four, however, are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering.
- Please stay with your group and maintain six (6) feet of social distancing inside the museum.
- Upon entry to the museum and the museum store, please use the provided hand sanitizer. There will be numerous hand sanitizer stations located throughout the museum.
- Please note that if you don't feel well on the day of your visit, please contact us at 406.994.2251 to reschedule your visit.
- As a member of a science center or museum participating in the ASTC Travel Passport Program, you are eligible for complimentary general admission for two adults, plus children or grandchildren under the age of 18. Please make your ASTC reservation via our online ticketing platform.
- Complimentary museum passes given out within the past three years, that display our alpha-numeric tracking code, and have not expired, can be redeemed on a walk-in basis. Previously issued complimentary passes that do not display our recently implemented alpha-numeric tracking code, or have expired, will no longer be accepted. Please show your valid complimentary pass upon arrival.
- For questions regarding an annual museum membership, please email email@example.com. We greatly appreciated the continued patronage of our members.
- Food and beverages may not be consumed anywhere in the museum except for in the main lobby, lower lobby, and outside on the Bair Plaza. Vending machines are located in the lower lobby.
- Trained service animals are welcome in the museum while wearing the appropriate service animal vest or identifier. Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in and around the museum.
- Wheelchairs & Strollers
- We have manual wheelchairs available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and available at the front desk.
- Please bring your stroller to the museum. Double strollers can navigate through MOR.
- Parking is complimentary during regular business hours for museum visitors only. Overnight parking is prohibited. RV and Bus parking for museum visitors only is available on the east side of our parking lot or the overflow parking grassy area to the north of our parking lot if the east side parking lot is full. The overflow grassy parking area is not accessible when there is snow on the ground.
- Individuals with disabilities who would like to request accessibility accommodation are encouraged to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as far in advance as possible.
- Please do not bring backpacks or large bags into the museum. The museum does not store luggage for visitors.
- Photography & Videography
- The museum permits still and video photography for noncommercial use only in its exhibitions, unless otherwise posted. The use of tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks is not allowed at any time for the safety of our visitors and collections.
- Working members of the media, marketing agencies, freelancers, and others wishing to take still and video photography for commercial (non-personal) use must obtain prior permission from the museum’s Director of Marketing and must be escorted by a museum staff member while in the building.
- Notice: Visitors may be filmed, photographed, or recorded by the museum for educational and promotional uses, including for posting on the museum's website, social media platforms, and other marketing efforts.
- Facility Rental Requests are suspended until further notice.
- Group Visits
- MOR will follow the permissible maximum group guideline directives for large gatherings at the museum. All groups including large families, organized activities and programs, camps, clubs, and tour groups are required to make a reservation online to guarantee access to the museum.
- Group discounts are not available at this time.