Did you know that Museum of the Rockies provides FREE ADMISSION and PARTIAL BUS REIMBURSEMENT to all Montana Schools?
School groups from across the state of Montana are admitted free of charge to Museum of the Rockies thanks to generous donations to the Opening Doors for Montana Schoolchildren Fund.
Museum of the Rockies is proud to host, on average, 12,000 school children each year. To be sure all students and teachers have an equal opportunity to engage with our unique exhibits, we require a minimum of three weeks advance notice to create an individualized itinerary that caters to your groups learning outcomes.
Request your field trip date today by using the VIEW FORM link at the bottom of this page.
2018/2019 GUIDED TOURS
Changing Exhibit Guided Tour:
Permanent Exhibit Guided Tours:
IMPORTANT – Guided tours will NOT be available on following dates:
- December 10, 2018 – January 7, 2019
- Monday morning of February 4 & 11, 2019
- No reservations will be available March 27 & 29, 2019
OTHER EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Taylor Planetarium: Schedule a Planetarium show that augments your curriculum! An extensive list of offerings can be found on pages 8 - 11 of the School Programs Catalog. Most shows are 25 - 30 minutes long.
- Explore Yellowstone Children’s Discovery Center: Designed for children up to 8 years of age, this educational hands-on exhibit introduces children to the science and wonders of Yellowstone National Park. Schedule time in the Children’s Discovery Center as part of your educational adventure.
- Self-Guided Tours: Self-guided tours give you the opportunity to lead your students through MOR’s exhibits. Allow time for your students to explore interactive exhibits independently or in small groups. Let us know which exhibits you wish to include during your visit.
- Living History Farm: Open May 25 – September 8, 2019. Relocated to Museum of the Rockies, the Tinsley House and Living History Farm recreate the history of Montana’s homesteading era. Arrange to visit the 1890s homestead during your visit.
For more information about school visits, educator resources, and additional programs may be found in our school catalog, located HERE.
To request a field trip, please complete the VIEW FORM below.
To contact the Education office, email email@example.com or call at 406.994.5257