Advance Remote Bidding
Send your maximum bid to firstname.lastname@example.org by MIDNIGHT on July 7th. Your maximum bid will be given confidentially to a Museum staff person who will bid incrementally on your behalf up to your maximum bid amount. If you would like to participate in live bidding during the auction, your remote bidder will call you as your item is coming up for bid and attempt to win the item for you at the best price.
1. Upon entry or before the event, each guest will be given a bid number. To bid in the Live or Pay It Forward Auctions, simply hold up your bid number so the auctioneer or spotters can see it. To bid in the Premier and Silent Auctions, write your bid number on the Auction bid form.
2. A bid acknowledged by the auctioneer is a legal contract to purchase the item in the Live Auction. Your bid is a legal contract to purchase if it is the last, highest bid, which is acceptable.
3.Although information has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, the auctioneer makes no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. Please take the opportunity to inspect items before the Auction. Statements by the auctioneer at the time of sale will take precedence. Complete auction item details, terms of purchase and use will be available on final purchaser’s notes.
4. Auction purchasers and Pay It Forward Auction contributors may pay for their items and donations at the cashier table that opens at 10pm. Payment in full at the event is mandatory.
5. Payment may be made by cash, personal check, or credit card (American Express, MasterCard, and Visa). Please make checks payable to the Museum of the Rockies. Make payments to the cashiers located at the check-out table.
6. In a split bid for an item, only one purchaser can be responsible for payment at the cashier table.
7. All purchases are final.
8. Arrangements for special events must be completed within one year of the auction unless otherwise specified. Arrangements should be made directly with the lot sponsor. This information will be provided to you.
9. Your payments are tax-deductible only for the part of your bid that is in excess of the fair market value of the item purchased. A letter will be sent to each Auction Item winner indicating the fair market value of your purchase and the tax-deductible amount if any.
SPONSOR ATTENDEES: All auction items purchased by tonight’s Sponsors will be delivered to your home by MOR staff or by a delivery service within two weeks of the event. If you need to make special delivery arrangements, please contact Leslie Harrison, Events Manager, at 406-994-1998 or email@example.com.
GUEST ATTENDEES: Auction Items can be picked up at the Museum weekdays beginning Tuesday, July 11th, from 9am–4pm. Delivery is available in Bozeman. Delivery outside of Bozeman is also available, but delivery charges apply. Shipping is available; shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser. The Museum will contact all successful bidders by July 21st.