Over 275 MOR volunteers contributed over 31,000 hours in 2013. Needless to say, we couldn’t provide many of our Museum services without our talented and dedicated volunteers, and they provide vital support to the Museum and our community at large. In return, MOR volunteers enjoy the camaraderie of working with visitors, staff, and their counterparts; opportunities for life-long learning; and the satisfaction of knowing they are making a valuable contribution.
Volunteer opportunities range from staffing activity carts, to preparing fossils, to helping with administrative tasks such as running shows in the Hager Auditorium, joining a benefit event planning committee, helping with security, putting together mailings, and giving guided tours. Plus, each summer volunteer interpreters at the Living History Farm demonstrate the day-to-day activities of a Montana farm in the 1890s.
For those who are interested in leading tours and interacting with and educating our visitors, we invite you to consider becoming an MOR docent. Docents give tours of our exhibits year around. Registration for new docents takes place each August for the fall docent-training program.
2014 Volunteer Board 2014 Docent Board
- President – Doris Henson Docent Chair - Meredith Lewis
- Vice President – Joan McNab Vice Chair - Peggy Jensen
- Secretary – Trish Rice Secretary - Christie Rosanova
- Docent Chair – Meredith Lewis Reps:
- Newsletter Editors – Meredith Lewis & Dorie Green Ro Meyer
- Reps: Fred Cornelious
- Pete Rieke Sharon Eversman
- Michelina Kazeminejad Dorie Green
- Gina Albini
- Roberta Piper
For more information about volunteer opportunities at the Museum of the Rockies, please call the Volunteer Office at 406.994.6611. Applications can be accessed on this page or at the front desk of the Museum. Please see our list of current openings above to see if there is a position available in which you might be interested.
Please complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Volunteer Needs
- Docents: If you're interested in continuing education, and would like to lead tours for groups of all ages in the Museum, then being a docent may be for you. An exciting 10-week training program begins in late September. Registration takes place July 1 through August 31. Sign up early to get a head start on the reading and pre-training assignments. For more information, call 460.994.6611 or email email@example.com.